Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Quarter of a Century


Well, first trimester is over. However, the morning sickness and fatigue decided to stick around. I am just thankful that this pregnancy seems to be treating me a little easier than my pregnancy with Bradford. But, that could be because I am not working (outside of the home) and I am currently getting about 11 hours of sleep each night. Yes, I said ELEVEN hours of sleep each night. My poor husband has to rush home from work and the gym, in hopes that I will still be awake. It is pretty sad. There is just something about rocking Bradford to sleep in a dark room that makes me want to go to bed myself.
My birthday was on Friday (2/4) and I turned a quarter of a century. I am 25. I look back over the years and am astonished at the point of life I am already in. I graduated college at 21 and two weeks later married my husband. I worked for three years as an exercise physiologist. That career ended the day Bradford was born. Ever since that day, I have been a stay-at-home mom. I love every single minute I get to spend with my little man. Bradford adds so much joy to my already joyful life. I used to wonder how I could love another baby as much as I love Bradford, but I do. I love this baby in my belly so much and I look forward to the day I get to meet him/her.
People ask me if I want a boy or a girl. Well, I want both, but not at the same time. I want a brother for Bradford. I want him to have a best friend who he can play sports with, wrestle with, and share a room with. Yet, I want a little girl, a little sister for Bradford. I want to buy pink clothes, fix her hair, buy her jewelry, bake together, and send her on daddy/daughter dates with Eliot. I want to teach Bradford how to treat a lady, using his sister as our in home model. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. So, I can’t pick which one I want the most. Thank goodness I don’t have to. God has all that taken care of.
 I feel lucky. I have both brothers (2) and a sister. I want that for Bradford and hopefully he will get that…with time.  I am currently 14 weeks pregnant, so we must wait another six weeks before we know which one it will be.

1 comment:

  1. LOOKING FORWARD TO FINDING OUT WHETHER BRADFORD WILL HAVE A BABY BROTHER OR SISTER!!!

    ReplyDelete