Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Job


Ever since Bradford was born, I just knew I couldn’t return to an 8-5 job. I couldn’t bear the thought of leaving my little man. I couldn’t bear the thought of missing his first moments. Thankfully, I have a husband who felt the same way. We thought it would be best if I stayed home to raise our son. So, I did. 

Of course, this meant that for eight months we would have no income whatsoever due to Eliot still being in law school. I didn’t know how we would make it, but the Lord provided. He took a small pot of money and made it last until Eliot started his first law job. Not only did we survive financially over those eight months without an income, we also bought a house. There is no way you can look at our situation and not see that God is in control. God has always been in control, protecting us and providing for us. So, we moved from our tiny one bedroom apartment downtown into our four bedroom home in Forest Lake. 

Eliot is working now, but I still felt the need to work. However, it had to be a job that I could do from our home, with a baby. Several people made suggestions, but one rang clear. I decided to keep another child in our home. It would be great training for me and I was sure Bradford would love the company. At first, I kept an 18 month old a few mornings each week, for a few months. It was a good first step into the job. Then, I landed the opportunity of keeping another baby boy, the same age as Bradford, three days a week from 8-5. These days are long: twice as many diapers, twice as many mouths to feed, twice as many messes to clean up and twice as many babies to chase around the house. However, when they are playing together, I am reminded of why I chose to do this. Bradford loves it. He loves having a friend to play with and it is so cute to watch them interact. I hope that this experience will help him adjust to having a sibling in August! 




2 comments:

  1. JENNIFER, YOUR HOME IS BEAUTIFUL AND I THINK STAYING HOME WITH BRADFORD WHILE MAKING SOME EXTRA MONEY AND GIVING BRADFORD A FRIEND TO PLAY WITH FOR SOCIALIZATION IS WONDERFUL! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little man! I would not have left him either! God loves you and your family and will always provide. God bless and love you!

    ReplyDelete