Monday, May 2, 2011

25 Weeks and Counting...

      This past weekend marked the 25 week mark in the pregnancy with Baby Girl. I wish Baby Girl had her real name already, but her daddy and I just cannot decide on the perfect name for our perfect daughter.
     
      However, we do have a nice list of potentials. Hopefully, we will know which one it will be before she enters this world--which means we only have 15 weeks. And those 15 weeks will fly by, as the summer always seems to do.

      Here is a picture of me at 24 weeks pregnant. It was taken over Easter weekend, and we were in Greenwood celebrating with the Peace family. Mrs. Peace arranged for a photographer, the wonderful Caroline Jackson, to come take some pictures of the entire family. All of the pictures on this blog post are Caroline's photographs. Thanks Caroline!


      I have just recently transitioned to my lovely maternity wardrobe and have only gained 6 lbs. At this point in the pregnancy with Bradford, I had already been in maternity clothes for at least two months and had gained a total of 15 pounds.  Eliot says it is because she is a girl and is dainty. However, being that I am almost 5’11’’ I highly doubt any child of mine will be “dainty.”

     This pregnancy has been relatively easy thus far, and some days I even have to remind myself that I'm pregnant. The morning sickness is thankfully in the past--but the nighttime leg cramps and heart burn have made their debut into my normal routine. One night the leg cramps were so bad I wanted to take myself to the ER, but I knew I would just be laughed at . . . so I stayed put, ate a banana, and whined to Eliot.

      Bradford is busy getting ready to be a big brother. He is walking and talking. Well, talking his limited vocabulary of only four words. He is super excited about having a sister, can’t you tell…


    We love Bradford and cannot wait for our family of three to become a family of four when Baby Girl joins us in August!


1 comment: