Thursday, March 24, 2011

Half Way

     This Saturday marks 20 weeks with the pregnancy of Baby Girl.  We have known she is a “she” for only two days and she already has the cutest Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag, a crib (thanks to my cousin Kathryn), six dresses, three sweaters, two pair of shoes and a pink and white lamb lovie.  Can you imagine how much stuff she will have when she arrives?  I should have known it would be like this if I ever had a girl.  However, don’t freak and think I have gone on a shopping spree.  The $180 diaper bag was a major steal for only $25 at a local consignment shop.  The crib was being given away by my cousin’s neighbor, so …free!  The pink and white lamb lovie was actually a gift to Bradford, but I thought it was too girly for him so I saved it for a girl.  And the rest, I got yesterday at the Columbia Tot Trade.  I’m pretty proud of myself to be honest.  Now, we just need to clear out a room in the house for her.  The question, though, is which room?


     Baby Girl is 20 weeks and about the size of a cantaloupe (6.5 inches long and approximately 10-11 oz.).  According to an online article on pregnancy, I should have gained 10 lbs by now, but thanks to morning sickness and chasing two one- year- olds around, I am at a weight gain of zero.  Yes, I have a “baby bump“, but according to the doctor I lost the three pounds I had worked so hard to put on (ice cream, subs, an entire 8x8 pan of brownies, etc…).   I know I am supposed to eat healthy, but hearing that only makes me want to eat more of the things I don’t normally allow myself to eat.  Thanks doctor.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. That's the kind of diet I want to get on! Maybe I should get pregnant again... nah. ;)

    ReplyDelete